What is Babchi Essential Oil?
Babchi essential oil is extracted from the seeds and leaves of the Psorioli sorrifolia plant. The Bakuchi (Babchi) plant is a medicinal herb. which is smaller in size. The height of this plant is about 3 to 4 feet, the seeds of this plant are oblong, flat and brown in colour. Which have a bitter taste and unpleasant odour. There are over 200 varieties of Bakuchi, commonly known as Babchi or Bakuchi, in India.
Importance of Babchi Essential Oil in Ayurveda-
According to ayurveda, Babchi essential oil is bitter, hot in nature, vata-kapha destroyer, palatable, pittagenic, destroyer of blood pitta, beneficial for the heart. It proves beneficial in fever, crummy, leprosy, piles, cough, swelling, pandurog (jaundice) and tooth worms. Babchi is antimicrobial in nature. Apart from this, Babchi essential oil contains elements like chemo-protective, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant etc. One of its greatest advantages is that every part of the plant contains medicinal properties, but its seeds contain oils that are useful for curing most ailments.
The analysis of the chemical composition of Babchi has revealed volatile oil, stable oil, fibrous substance psoralen and iso-cerelan in this fruit. White spots, scabies, ringworm, acne, freckles, and scabies can all be treated with Babchi essential oil. Babchi is also bactericidal and anthelmintic due to the presence of the above elements.
Benefits of Babchi Essential Oil:
1. Beneficial for the skin
Babchi essential oil is antimicrobial in nature, which is mainly used to treat skin problems. It helps in preventing psoriasis, leucoderma, skin infections, skin rashes and allergies etc.
2. Beneficial in respiratory diseases
The benefits of Babchi essential oil are due to the anti-inflammatory properties present in it. Which are helpful in reducing inflammation and pain of the respiratory tract during infection. It is also beneficial in cold, asthma, dyspnea, nephritis, bronchitis and various other respiratory diseases.
3. Helpful in cancer
Bakuchi seeds have anti-cancer properties. Apart from this, this essential oil contains Bavachinin, Psoralen and Psorifolinin. These elements help in inhibiting the growth of osteosarcoma and lung cancer cells.
4. Helpful in hair nourishment
Babchi essential oils is a great hair tonic. Hence it is used in the treatment of problems like hair loss, alopecia areata, spot baldness (no hair loss in some parts of the head). Along with this, the colour and quality of hair also improves with the use of this oil.
5. Beneficial for teeth
Babchi is an effective medicine to treat tooth decay and other types of dental problems, the use of Bakuchi Churna or Babchi essential oil is an excellent remedy for problems like toothache, caries and pyorrhea, it prevents tooth decay Helps in digestion. Because the antioxidant present in babchi is helpful in fighting the cavity.
6. Helpful in purifying the blood
Babchi essential oil has natural blood purifier properties. Which is helpful in removing impurities (toxins) from the body, apart from this, immunity can also be boosted by the use of babchi.
Babchi oil home remedies:
- Babchi has been used for centuries to remove white spots. Taking one spoon powder of babchi and black sesame with cold water regularly in the morning and applying babchi oil in the morning and evening is beneficial in problems like white spots.
- Tooth worms are destroyed by applying babchi oil on the teeth daily.
- Regular use of sage oil in the morning and evening proves to be effective in curing acne, ringworm, scabies and itching.
- Babchi oil is useful in removing the white spots on the forehead.
- Lumps formed on any part of the body, due to which the skin looks bad. In such a situation, by grinding the seeds of babchi and tying it on that knot, the knot settles. Apart from this, applying Babchi essential oil regularly on the affected area provides relief.
Take these precautions while using Bakuchi –
- High doses and prolonged use of Bakuchi may lead to hyperacidity and gastritis.
- Avoid foods like curd, pickles, fish, etc. Because these products should not be consumed with bakuchi churna in the treatment of problems like vitiligo treatment. For best results, apply bakuchi essential oil along with the consumption of bakuchi churna on the affected area.
- If there is jaundice, excessive consumption of bakuchi can cause vomiting.
- Breastfeeding women should use Bakuchi under medical supervision.